With its main offices located in Karnataka, India, Chiratae Ventures is a recognized venture capital investment company, with a strong presence in one of the countries with the greatest global projection.
Its entrepreneurial executives move comfortably in the most uncertain and exploratory terrain of the startup ecosystem. The funds advised by Chiratae Ventures India Advisors collectively have more than $ 850 million under management and topping 100 companies in Consumer Media & Tech, Cloud / Software, Health-tech and Fin-tech.
Leader in India Chiratae Ventures India Advisors, formerly IDG Ventures India Advisors, chose its name, very carefully, as Chiratae is called the leopard in the local language. Thus, his team members are wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers.
On their website they state that, among the characteristics and qualities of the company, the following stand out: Leadership, Agility, Risk Taker, Innovative, Strength, Stability and Improvement of the Ecosystem of the companies.
Its target sectors include: Consumer Media and Technology, Software, SaaS, Healthcare Technology, Fin Tech, and Deep Tech.
One of the salient points of this company is that they monitor the progress of their investments and associates, and it is being published on their website, with details of the latest updates, blog posts, as well as upcoming events.
At the time of writing this article, there were 2 news items that caught my attention:
1) Chiratae Ventures announces Chiratae Sonic - an industry first initiative to enable faster access to capital for founders. On July 14, 2021, the following is reported:
- Approval of an unprecedented 48-hour seed fund for investments less than or equal to $ 500,000
- The first phase of applications under Chiratae Sonic is open for 30 days starting July 7, 2021.
- Make fundraising smoother and more accessible to founders via template application form and dedicated initiative website
- AWS will offer credits of up to USD $ 100,000 per eligible startup through the AWS Activate program
- Chiratae Sonic is the eighth seed investment program implemented by Chiratae
2) Patrick J McGovern Lifetime Achievement Award given to Ratan Tata
Iconic Indian industrialist and Tata Sons Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata received the Patrick J McGovern Lifetime Achievement Awards from Chiratae Ventures, formerly IDG Ventures India.
Chairman Emeritus of the Tata Sons and a scion of the Tata family, Ratan Tata was congratulated with the 2019 Patrick J McGovern Lifetime Achievement Award.
The award, instituted by IDG Ventures India in 2016, commemorates the legacy of Patrick Joseph McGovern Jr., founder of International Data Corporation and a visionary who redefined the way the company consumed technology.