Bittrex is one of the larger crypto to crypto exchanges offering a large number of trading pairs into bitcoin - including all the major cryptos such as darkcoin, nextcoin and litecoin. They also offer NeuCoin and Ethereum.
The exchange does have a very high turnover crypto currencies - leading some to accuse it of allowing pump and dump schemes that erode confidence in the cryptocurrency ecosystem as a whole. Apart from that they do have very good security with two-factor authentication and are the United States based.
In order to deposit coins to Bittrex:
- Login and Click Wallets in the upper right hand of the site.
- Search for the wallet you are going to deposit to
- Click on the green arrow next to the Wallet
- Click "new Address" to generate your address.
- Please make sure to read the coins deposit instructions if they are available. Some coins require a minimum amount to be sent before they are credited. Some coins will require a message/payment/tag/memo. This means you must send the coins to the address we provide and attach this message/payment/tag/memo to the deposit so we can route the coins to your account. If you do not attach this, you will risk losing these funds.
- You can now send your coins to this address. Please make sure that you only send the same type of coins to this address. This means if you generated a BTC address you deposit BTC to it and not some other coin. If you deposit a different coin, then the address was generated for you risk losing these coins permanently.
In order to withdraw your coins, you will need to generate an address using the wallet you intend to receive the coins.
These instructions will provide you with the information you need to withdraw coins from Bittrex.
- Click Wallets in the upper right of the page.
- Search for the wallet you want to Withdraw from by using the Search box in the upper right.
- Click on the red arrow next to the coin name. This will bring up the Withdraw screen.
- Enter the Address and Quantity that you want to Withdraw. Make sure the address you enter was created for the coin you are withdrawing. You cannot withdraw coins to another coins address. This means BTC must be withdrawn to BTC and LTC to LTC, and so on. If you withdraw to another coin address, you risk losing your funds permanently.
- Click Withdraw.
- If you have two-factor enabled, you will need to enter your 6-digit code and press Confirm. If you do not have two-factor enabled, you will need to login to your email account and click the verification link we send you.
The minimum withdrawal for all coins must be greater, than 3 times the fee. For example, BTC has to be .00150001 or greater as the fee is .0005
You can also use the Order Book located on the lower part of the page. If you click on either side of the boxes, this will auto-populate your trading windows on the value that you have clicked. This would come in handy if you want to know the current asking price for the trade is.
They also have automated features like GTC (Good till cancelled) and IOC (Immediate or Cancel) which you can set-up by clicking the button located in your trade window.
GTC – Good Till Cancelled is the default setting. This means that the system would continue to look for your buy/sell post until this is fulfilled.
IOC – You would buy/sell your cryptocurrency for your price. If any portion of the currency being sold or bought cannot be fulfilled, this will be cancelled immediately.