Photos by authors
Description of SilverStone F1 Monaco S radar detector
The Radar detector SilverStone F1 Monaco S is an exceptional addition to SilverStone F1's line of signature radar detectors. Renowned for their commitment to superior quality in radar technology, SilverStone F1 has incorporated the latest advancements in detecting cameras by signature into this remarkable device. With a 360-degree viewing angle, this radar detector captures the radiation emitted by all traffic police radars, ensuring you stay informed and aware of potential speed traps. Designed to deliver reliable performance, the SilverStone F1 Monaco S offers unparalleled accuracy and precision in detecting radar signals, making it an indispensable tool for drivers seeking to enhance their road safety.
The Radar detector SilverStone F1 Monaco S boasts a range of impressive features that set it apart from the competition. Equipped with cutting-edge technology for detecting cameras by signature, this device provides an advanced level of protection against speed cameras and surveillance systems. Its 360-degree viewing angle enables comprehensive radar coverage, ensuring that no radar signals go unnoticed. By efficiently capturing the radiation emitted by all traffic police radars, the SilverStone F1 Monaco S offers real-time alerts to drivers, allowing them to adjust their speed and avoid potential fines. With its superior performance and reliable functionality, this radar detector ensures peace of mind for any driver.
The first signature radar detector from SilverStone F1 - the traditionally high quality of the radar part and the latest technology for detecting cameras by signature. Viewing angle 360. Captures the radiation of all traffic police radars. GPS-receiver, the most detailed database of cameras. Voice notification mode.
- - Qualitatively assembled, does not creak, does not play. Feels like quality. The sticker on the case says "Made in Korea". - Stylish stuff. - I installed the latest firmware with reduced chatter + additional settings = just class: chatting only on business and when necessary. At the same time, the notification is heard even when the radio is turned on loudly, and without music, I want to reduce the sound. - A good bright display, the information is perfectly readable in the sun, and at night I reduce the brightness to a minimum, otherwise it hurts my eyes. - Good database of radars, ates via the Internet. - The signature is top notch. "Arrow" catches at a time for 800 meters. - Many modes, the possibility of individual settings. - Long cord and good connector. Add. socket on the back of the plug into the cigarette lighter - you can connect something else. - Catching cameras in the back.
- - There are VERY many false positives in the K-band along the highway - auto doors at gas stations, adaptive cruise control and dead zone sensors on passing cars, etc. Although, maybe this is a tuning issue, but I tried. - Mobile "Chris" catches VERY poorly. Roughly: out of 10 meetings - in 7 cases he simply does not see him even at close range, in 2 cases - he squeaks for 50-100 m (when, in fact, it is already too late), and only in one he is normally determined from afar. - At the entrance to the Hong Kong Ring Road, you need to switch to "City 1-2-3", otherwise it will torment you to repeat "arrow-camera in the back-camera strip-video block-dummy" endlessly. I just unplug. - Bad suction cups on the glass and an ugly mount in general. But I put on a sticky silicone mat for 80. - does not go, does not fall, remove-put very easily and quickly, everything is OK.
- Kind of "standard". 1. ates are released almost weekly. 2. Works on mobile "tripods" that look in the back. You manage to slow down. 3. Smart mode.
- The device itself is top notch. But only the suction cup holder is included. It would be nice, like some manufacturers, to also have a "bath".
- There is a function-power adapter with a cigarette lighter socket, works as an adapter, which allows you to connect another device. Warns about radars in advance and about those cameras that photograph the car from behind. Convenient suction cup mount, can be mounted both on the panel and on the windshield. Voice alert warns of radars and the display indicates the recommended speed on certain sections of the road.
- Excellent radar, I have been using it for more than 5 years for sure.
- If the next one is only cooler and with a hidden installation. Began to podglyuchivat volume potentiometer. But this is understandable. operating time is not long enough.
- There are very few false positives, practically none. He sees the cameras in advance, until he missed one, he sees portable tripods and even says the model.
- I wanted the program to load the databases on its own, and not click through the site, then unpack the archives.
- Not detected
- Since the radar is signature, the number of false positives is significantly lower than that of other, non-signature counterparts. Small, discreet, I leave it in the car, until no one has coveted for 4 years. ates are released periodically, it is easy to ate, the algorithm is simple and understandable.
- On Mazda, Lexus and Porsche, equipped with blind spot monitoring, it is still sometimes carried out.
- Signature analysis allows you to get rid of most interference, false positives. Does the main function well.
- The quality of the element base is poor. Acquired with a vertical dark stripe. They fixed it. However, the volume and power controls have deteriorated, as on the previous model (not the signature one) that I had. The button has been removed from the model, allowing you to unfasten the device from the mount (unlike the previous non-signature one)! Talkative model, I would cut the lines.
- To this point, the performance of the radar that was replaced because it was defective has been adequate. Everything works out wonderfully.
- And now some disadvantages: After making the purchase, it was discovered that the buttons on the device itself did not function properly. After the purchase (of the first gadget), it started functioning properly, spoke all of the information, and updated the database and firmware via the program installed on the computer. It was discovered, however, that the buttons on the device itself do not operate at all! In addition to that, the suction cup mount was difficult to disengage from the gadget. I had to struggle for an entire hour in order to turn it off! (I invested in a low-cost adhesive mat. Tough square lindens are included in the kit. They are fastened together with double-sided tape on the back, which, when attempting to remove the device from the panel, caused the tape to remain on the panel itself. As a result, the device, as well as the square lindens that were fastened together, were torn off. And still further! On the other side of the power plug is another input socket (for a DVR or something else). But! The internal wiring has a design flaw that hinders the connecting of a second device of some kind. The problem has been solved (see comments) As the warranty had expired by the time the problem occurred (in May 2022), I had to take it apart and hand-tighten the screw that was attached to the volume increase wheel. And simultaneously (!) the wires inside the power plug started to fray (where another plug from the navigator was inserted). I had to unscrew it in order to solder it back together. It appears like a trivial matter, but it could have unfavorable consequences: what if the screw that was unscrewed closed something? Despite the fact that nobody has had any concerns regarding the way the device actually works.
- Assembled with high quality, does not creak, does not play. Good database of radars, ates come steadily. Ease of controls. Display.
- Sometimes there are false positives
- Not expensive, compact model
- As long as everyone likes